What is the best dash cam for Uber drivers? As an Uber driver, your priority is the safety and security of your passengers, as well as yourself. One effective tool that can help you achieve this is a dash cam. Dash cams not only record the road ahead, but they can also provide invaluable evidence in case of accidents, disputes, or misconduct. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the best dash cams available for Uber drivers in 2023, their features, and how they can enhance your driving experience.
Why Uber Drivers Need Dash Cams
Driving for a rideshare service like Uber exposes drivers to various risks and challenges. Incidents of passenger misconduct, damage to the vehicle, or even false accusations can occur unexpectedly. Having a dash cam can help Uber drivers in several ways:
- Preventing misconduct complaints: Dash cams act as a deterrent for passengers, as they are aware that their actions are being recorded. This can significantly reduce the likelihood of misconduct, ensuring a safer and more pleasant ride for both drivers and passengers.
- Settling disputes: In case of disputes between drivers and passengers, dash cam footage provides unbiased and irrefutable evidence of what exactly transpired during the ride. This can help in resolving conflicts and ensuring fair outcomes.
- Avoiding lawsuits: In the unfortunate event of an accident or injury claim, dash cam footage can prove invaluable in determining fault and protecting drivers from false accusations. This can save drivers from costly legal battles and potential loss of income.
- Assistance with insurance claims: Dash cam recordings provide clear evidence of the circumstances surrounding an accident, aiding insurance companies in processing claims more efficiently and accurately.
Now that we understand the importance of dash cams for Uber drivers, let’s explore some of the best options available in the market.
If you’re an Uber, Lyft, or rideshare driver, the Vantrue N2 Pro is the best dual dash cam for you.
- Crystal clear dual 1080P recording of the road front and inside passenger cabin
- Infrared night vision for interior facing camera
- 24-hour motion activated parking mode
- No built-in GPS
- Suction mount can lose suction in extreme heat
- MicroSD card not included
We recently tested the Vantrue N2 Pro and were impressed with its dual 1080P recording capabilities. The front and inside cameras capture crystal clear footage, making it a great option for rideshare drivers who need photographic evidence in the event of damage to their car. The infrared night vision for the interior facing camera ensures flawless video footage even when the passenger cabin is dark.
The 24-hour motion activated parking mode is a great feature for those who want to keep their car safe when parked. The camera will automatically start recording when it detects motion, providing peace of mind when parked in public areas.
One downside to the Vantrue N2 Pro is that it doesn’t come with a built-in GPS. However, an optional GPS mount is available for purchase separately. Additionally, the suction mount can lose suction in extreme heat, so it’s important to monitor the camera’s position during hot weather.
Overall, the Vantrue N2 Pro is an excellent dual dash cam for Uber, Lyft, and rideshare drivers. Its crystal clear recording capabilities and infrared night vision make it a great investment for those who want to protect their car and passengers.
If you’re an Uber or Lyft driver looking for a reliable dash cam that captures clear footage both inside and outside of your car, the COOAU Dual Dash Cam is an excellent choice.
- Dual 1080P recording for both front and inside of the car
- Super IR night vision for clear footage in low light conditions
- Built-in GPS and WiFi for easy access to footage and driving data
- The app can be a bit tricky to set up and use
- The suction cup mount may not be as secure as some users would like
- The rear camera’s video quality could be better
We’ve been using the COOAU Dual Dash Cam for a few weeks now and we’re impressed with its performance. The dual 1080P recording captures clear footage of both the road ahead and the inside of the car, which is perfect for rideshare drivers who need to keep an eye on their passengers. The super IR night vision also works well, providing clear footage even in low light conditions.
The built-in GPS and WiFi are also convenient features, allowing us to easily access our footage and driving data through the app. However, setting up the app can be a bit tricky and we had to refer to the user manual a few times to get it working properly.
The suction cup mount works well, but some users may prefer a more secure mounting option. Additionally, the rear camera’s video quality could be better, but it’s still adequate for most purposes.
Overall, we highly recommend the COOAU Dual Dash Cam for Uber and Lyft drivers who want a reliable and easy-to-use dash cam that captures clear footage both inside and outside of their car.
If you’re an Uber driver, the Vantrue N2S 4K Dash Cam with GPS is a must-have.
- The dual Starvis sensor and 4 IR LEDs provide excellent night vision, making it easy to record passengers even in low light conditions.
- The 4K front camera captures clear and sharp footage, making it easy to read license plates and road signs.
- The built-in GPS and included GPS mount allow you to playback the video with the route, speed, and location on Google Maps via Vantrue GPS player.
- The menu can be a bit cumbersome to navigate.
- The LCD screen is not visible when wearing polarized sunglasses.
- The price may be a bit steep for some.
We’ve been using the Vantrue N2S 4K Dash Cam with GPS for a while now and we’re impressed with its performance. The dual Starvis sensor and 4 IR LEDs provide excellent night vision, making it easy to record passengers even in low light conditions. The 4K front camera captures clear and sharp footage, making it easy to read license plates and road signs. We also appreciate the built-in GPS and included GPS mount which allows us to playback the video with the route, speed, and location on Google Maps via Vantrue GPS player.
However, the menu can be a bit cumbersome to navigate, and the LCD screen is not visible when wearing polarized sunglasses. Also, the price may be a bit steep for some. Overall, if you’re an Uber driver, we highly recommend the Vantrue N2S 4K Dash Cam with GPS for its superior night vision, clear and sharp footage, and built-in GPS.
If you’re an Uber or Lyft driver looking for a reliable dash cam, the Yansoo Dual Dash Cam Front and Inside FHD 1080P Dashcams for Cars is a great option.
- Dual 1080P Dash Cam Front and Inside
- Super Infrared Night Vision & WDR
- Emergency Lock Video & Loop Recording
- Suction Cup Mount doesn’t stick to any surface
- No battery included
- Need to buy Yansoo SD card for well compatible dash cam
We were impressed with the quality of the video captured by the Yansoo Dual Dash Cam Front and Inside FHD 1080P Dashcams for Cars. The dual camera system provides a wide-angle view without any blind spots, making it a great tool for recording important video evidence in insurance disputes or accidents.
The super infrared night vision and WDR technology ensure that you get full high-definition recording during the day and night. The dashcam also supports real-time image and replay, so you can see every detail clearly.
The Yansoo Dual Dash Cam Front and Inside FHD 1080P Dashcams for Cars is equipped with an emergency lock video and loop recording feature. The G-sensor function automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. The dashcam also supports continuous recording and auto-deletes the oldest stored video to record the latest video when the memory is full.
The Yansoo Dual Dash Cam Front and Inside FHD 1080P Dashcams for Cars is easy to install and use. The included suction cup securely mounts to your windshield in seconds, and the interior car camera is powered by the cigarette lighter interface, so it will turn on and record automatically when your car turns on. You just need to press the ”OK” button to stop recording and start the setup function.
Overall, the Yansoo Dual Dash Cam Front and Inside FHD 1080P Dashcams for Cars is a reliable and high-quality option for Uber or Lyft drivers. However, the suction cup mount may not stick to every surface, and you’ll need to buy a Yansoo SD card for optimal compatibility.
We highly recommend the VIOFO T130 3 Channel Dash Cam Uber for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile dash cam for their Uber or rideshare vehicle.
- The triple channel dash camera offers 140° front camera, 165° inside camera, and 165° rear camera which records super high-definition videos at 1440P+1080P+1080P @30fps, giving you all-around protection.
- Superior IR night vision with high-performance Sony IMX335 Starvis Sensor for the front and rear cam, Omnivision sensor for interior cam, and enhanced with 4 infrared LEDs and WDR technology, your driving view can be perfectly restored from both outside and inside in poor lighting conditions at night.
- The spoken English language voice notifications will remind users of the setting changes such as audio recording on/off to help you properly finish the setup wizard and diagnose issues, allowing you to track the status of the dash camera easily.
- The front video quality is poor and looks like a fisheye lens. It is difficult to read license plates from the front video.
- The app sometimes has communication errors while downloading video via Wi-Fi.
- The camera constantly disconnects and stops recording while driving.
We found the VIOFO T130 to be an excellent dash cam for Uber drivers. The triple channel dash camera offers a comprehensive view of the road and the interior of the car, providing all-around protection. The superior IR night vision ensures that the camera captures clear footage even in poor lighting conditions. The voice notifications make it easy to track the status of the dash camera.
However, the front video quality is poor and difficult to read license plates from. The app sometimes has communication errors while downloading video via Wi-Fi. The camera also constantly disconnects and stops recording while driving, which can be frustrating.
Overall, we think the VIOFO T130 is a great option for Uber drivers looking for a reliable and versatile dash cam.
When it comes to choosing the best dash cam for Uber, there are several factors to consider. Here are some features you should look for:
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a dash cam is the video quality. A high-quality video will help you capture important details such as license plates and faces. Look for a dash cam that can record in at least 1080p resolution.
Field of View
The field of view is another important feature to consider. A wider field of view will allow you to capture more of what’s happening on the road. Look for a dash cam with a field of view of at least 120 degrees.
If you drive at night, you’ll want a dash cam with good night vision capabilities. Look for a dash cam with infrared sensors or other features that allow it to capture clear video in low-light conditions.
Dash cams record video continuously, so you’ll need to consider storage capacity. Look for a dash cam with a large enough storage capacity to meet your needs. Some dash cams also have the option to use external memory cards.
Size and Design
The size and design of the dash cam are also important factors to consider. Look for a dash cam that is small and discreet, so it doesn’t obstruct your view while driving. A dash cam with a sleek design will also look more professional.
Some dash cams come with additional features such as GPS, Wi-Fi connectivity, and motion detection. These features can be useful for Uber drivers, but they may also increase the price of the dash cam.
Overall, when choosing the best dash cam for Uber, it’s important to consider your specific needs and budget. Look for a dash cam that has the features you need to feel confident while driving, and that fits within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions Best Dash Cam For Uber
What kind of dash cam should we use as rideshare drivers?
As rideshare drivers, we need a dash cam that captures high-quality video footage and has features like loop recording, GPS, and parking mode. It’s also important to choose a dash cam that is discreet and doesn’t obstruct our view while driving.
Is it necessary to use a dash cam as an Uber driver?
While it’s not mandatory to use a dash cam as an Uber driver, it’s highly recommended. A dash cam can provide evidence in case of accidents, disputes with passengers, or fraudulent claims.
Can we install a dash cam in our Uber car?
Yes, we can install a dash cam in our Uber car. However, it’s important to check with our local laws and regulations regarding dash cam usage and placement.
What are the best dash cams for rideshare drivers?
Some of the best dash cams for rideshare drivers include the Vantrue N2 Pro, BlackVue DR900S, and Thinkware F800 Pro. These dash cams offer high-quality video footage, GPS tracking, and parking mode.
What is Uber’s policy on dash cams?
Uber allows drivers to use dash cams in their vehicles, as long as they comply with local laws and regulations. However, Uber doesn’t provide any recommendations or endorsements for specific dash cam models.
Do we need a special dash cam for delivery driving?
While a regular dash cam can be used for delivery driving, it’s recommended to use a dash cam with parking mode and motion detection features. This can help capture footage in case of theft or damage to our vehicle while making deliveries.
Conclusion Best Dash Cam For Uber
As an Uber driver, ensuring the safety and security of your passengers and yourself is paramount. Equipping your vehicle with a reliable dash cam can provide essential evidence in case of accidents, disputes, or misconduct, ultimately safeguarding your interests and livelihood. The Vantrue N4, Nexar Pro, and Thinkware F800 Pro are among the top dash cams available for Uber drivers in 2023, offering various features to meet different needs and preferences. Choose the one that aligns with your requirements and enjoy a safer and more protected driving experience.