Are you an RV enthusiast looking to enhance the safety and security of your travels? Looking for the best Dash cam for RV? Look no further than a dash cam specifically designed for RVs. A dash cam, or dashboard camera, is a small device that records video footage while you’re driving. It can provide valuable evidence in case of accidents or unexpected incidents, and it can also capture stunning scenery to share with friends and family. In this article, we will explore the best dash cam options for RVs, taking into consideration features like video quality, installation ease, and additional functionalities.
The Rise of RV Travel and Exciting Developments in 2023
According to a recent study by RVshare, RVs and motor homes have become the top three accommodation options for travelers in 2023. This trend is not limited to older generations, as more young people are embracing the RV lifestyle. Additionally, there have been exciting developments in the world of RVs, catering to the growing demand and the increasing environmental consciousness of travelers.
One major development expected in 2023 is the rise of electric and hybrid-powered RVs. As more people prioritize sustainability, luxury RV makers like Bowlus and Winnebago have already produced solar-powered and all-electric prototypes. These RVs run entirely on electricity and emit zero emissions, making them a greener alternative for eco-conscious travelers.
Moreover, RV manufacturers are equipping their vehicles with advanced features and upscale amenities. RVs are now equipped with wifi connectivity, pre-installed routers, and even Starlink internet pre-wiring. Additionally, you can expect to find luxury features like heated flooring and high-end kitchen appliances in modern RVs. These advancements aim to enhance comfort and convenience during your travels.
Importance of RV Security and the Role of Dash Cams
While the RV camping community is generally trustworthy, ensuring the safety and security of your RV is crucial due to the significant investment it represents. When overnighting at unfamiliar campgrounds, complete peace of mind cannot be guaranteed. That’s where a dash cam can come in handy.
A dash cam provides an added layer of security by capturing footage of your surroundings as you travel the road. Whether you own or rent an RV, a dash cam can be a valuable tool. In case of accidents or unexpected obstacles, a dash cam can provide video evidence of the incident, offering protection and peace of mind.
Key Benefits of Using an RV Dash Cam
Investing in an RV dash cam offers several key benefits that make it a must-have accessory for RV owners and enthusiasts:
- Accident Documentation: With an RV dash cam, you have the added protection of capturing video footage of any accidents that occur within the camera’s field of view. This footage can be crucial for insurance claims and legal purposes.
- Data-backed Accident Reports: In case of an accident or unexpected obstacle that prevents you from stopping or swerving in time, a dash cam can provide data-backed accident reports. This can be extremely helpful in determining fault and resolving disputes.
- Content Creation and Travel Documentation: An RV dash cam can also be used to create content for YouTube videos or document your travels. You can capture breathtaking scenery and memorable moments on the road, allowing you to share your adventures with others.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you have a dash cam recording your journeys can provide peace of mind. It acts as a silent witness, ensuring that any incidents or accidents are documented and can be reviewed if needed
Best Dash Cam for RV – Top 5
If you’re looking for a reliable and feature-packed dash cam for your RV, the Garmin RV Cam 795 is a great choice.
- The built-in dash cam records 1080p HD video with a 140-degree field of view and automatically saves video of incidents.
- The RVcam 795 navigator provides custom routing for the size and weight of your RV, with road warnings for steep grades, sharp curves, and more.
- The device comes with a Wearable4U Ultimate Power Pack, which includes a USB E-Bank, a car charger, and a wall USB charging adapter.
- The RVcam 795 navigator may not have all the features you need if you’re a professional truck driver.
- The device is a bit expensive compared to other dash cams on the market.
- The Garmin Drive app may be a bit confusing to use for some users.
We recently took the Garmin RV Cam 795 on a road trip and were impressed with its performance. The built-in dash cam captured clear footage of the road ahead and provided us with peace of mind knowing that we had a record of any incidents that may have occurred.
The custom routing feature was also a great help, as it took into account the size and weight of our RV and provided us with warnings for steep grades and sharp curves. The RV park directory and alternate scenic routes suggestions were also a nice touch and made our trip more enjoyable.
The Wearable4U Ultimate Power Pack was a great addition to the device, as it kept our device charged at all times. The USB E-Bank was especially useful, as we were able to charge our other devices while on the road.
Overall, we highly recommend the Garmin RV Cam 795 to anyone looking for a reliable and feature-packed dash cam for their RV.
If you’re looking for a high-quality dash cam that records in Ultra HD 4K and FHD 1080P resolutions, the REDTIGER F7NP dual dash cam is a great option. With its front wide angle of 170 degrees and rear wide angle of 140 degrees, it helps you to capture all the key details like road signs and vehicle number plates. Plus, it has many other features that make it an excellent choice for RV owners.
- The dash cam records in Ultra HD 4K and FHD 1080P resolutions, so you can capture all the important details.
- The driving recorder has an excellent optical lens with an ultra-large F1.5 aperture and 6 layers, which helps to capture important details clearly under low light conditions.
- The dash cam has built-in WiFi and a smart app that allows you to view, playback, and manage the dash cam on your IOS or Android devices.
- A hardware kit is needed for the 24 hours parking monitor feature.
- The dash cam is a bit bulky, so it may not be suitable for all RVs.
- The dash cam may be a bit expensive for some RV owners.
We recently used the REDTIGER F7NP dual dash cam during a road trip, and we were impressed with its performance. The dash cam records in Ultra HD 4K and FHD 1080P resolutions, which allowed us to capture all the important details like road signs and vehicle number plates. The driving recorder has an excellent optical lens with an ultra-large F1.5 aperture and 6 layers, which helped to capture important details clearly under low light conditions.
One of the best features of the REDTIGER F7NP dual dash cam is its built-in WiFi and smart app. We were able to connect the dash cam to our smartphone via WiFi and use the “Redtiger” app to view, playback, and manage the dash cam on our IOS or Android devices. We could also download and edit videos in the app, and share our travel scenery and wonderful moments with our friends and family.
The dash cam also has a built-in GPS and records the driving route, real-time speed, location, etc. We could track on google maps via WiFi using the App or with the Windows and Mac GPSPlayer, which provided further additional evidence if an accident occurred.
The dash cam has a loop recording feature that allows it to continue recording even when the SD card is full. As soon as the G sensor detects a sudden collision, it locks and saves the collision video. The dash cam also has a 24 hours parking monitor available on the dash cam to record continuously for 24 hours with time-lapse function at parking mode.
Overall, we were very satisfied with the REDTIGER F7NP dual dash cam and would recommend it to any RV owner looking for a high-quality dash cam.
If you’re looking for a reliable and high-quality dash cam for your RV, the ROVE R2-4K Dash Cam is definitely worth considering.
- The 4K Ultra HD recording quality is impressive and provides clear and high-quality footage.
- The built-in WiFi feature allows you to easily view and manage your recordings on your smartphone.
- The dash cam comes with state-of-the-art technology features, such as parking mode, motion detection, and loop cycle recording.
- The dash cam does not come with a memory card, so you’ll need to purchase one separately.
- The user manual is not very detailed and may be confusing for some users.
- The dash cam may be a bit pricey compared to other models on the market.
We recently purchased the ROVE R2-4K Dash Cam for our RV and have been impressed with its performance so far. The 4K Ultra HD recording quality is definitely the standout feature of this dash cam, providing clear and high-quality footage that makes it easy to see important details like license plates and street signs.
The built-in WiFi feature is also a nice touch, allowing us to easily view and manage our recordings on our smartphones. We also appreciate the state-of-the-art technology features, such as parking mode, motion detection, and loop cycle recording, which provide added peace of mind while on the road.
That being said, there are a few downsides to this dash cam. For one, it does not come with a memory card, so you’ll need to purchase one separately. Additionally, the user manual is not very detailed and may be confusing for some users. Finally, the dash cam may be a bit pricey compared to other models on the market.
Overall, we would recommend the ROVE R2-4K Dash Cam to anyone looking for a high-quality and reliable dash cam for their RV.
If you’re looking for a high-quality dash cam with all the bells and whistles, the ROVE R3 Dash Cam is an excellent choice. It’s beautifully designed, user-friendly, and packed with features that make it stand out from the competition.
- The 3-channel recording system allows you to capture footage from the front, cabin, and rear of your vehicle, giving you complete coverage.
- The 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz built-in WiFi make it easy to transfer footage to your smartphone or tablet for viewing and sharing.
- The proprietary fail-safe voice guidance system ensures that you never miss an important event while you’re driving.
- The memory card is not included, so you’ll need to purchase one separately.
- The hardwire kit for the parking monitor is sold separately, which can be an inconvenience for some users.
- The price point may be higher than some other dash cams on the market.
We’ve been using the ROVE R3 Dash Cam for several months now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The 3-inch IPS touch screen is easy to use and provides a clear view of your footage. The 3-channel recording system is a game-changer, allowing us to capture footage from multiple angles. The built-in GPS is a nice touch, providing live speed, compass, and location stamps.
The ROVE R3 Dash Cam also comes with a host of other features, including a 24-hour parking monitor, G-sensor, loop recording, built-in digital image stabilization, and wide dynamic range. The f1.4 lens aperture allows more light into the camera, capturing even the smallest details on the road. The four hidden IR LEDs for cabin camera recording in complete darkness is a nice touch.
The best part of the ROVE R3 Dash Cam is its user experience. The 5.0 GHz WiFi and the all-new beautifully designed ROVE APPs make it easy to view your footage on your smartphone or tablet. The always-on WiFi feature ensures that you can seamlessly view your videos on your smartphone using the Rove dash cam app. The Super Capacitor ensures survivance and safety in both extreme hot and cold weather conditions from -4°F (-20°C) ~ +158°F (+70°C).
Overall, we highly recommend the ROVE R3 Dash Cam to anyone in the market for a high-quality dash cam. It’s packed with features, easy to use, and provides excellent footage quality.
If you are looking for a reliable and high-quality dash cam for your RV, the Rexing V1P 4K Dual Channel Dash Cam is definitely worth considering. With its advanced features and excellent performance, this dash cam is a great investment for any RV owner.
- The 4K dual channel recording captures the road in front and behind, providing crystal clear footage.
- The 170-degree ultra-wide-angle lens and superior WDR technology allow for optimal performance in any lighting situation.
- The supercapacitor and parking monitor ensure reliable and safe operation, even in extreme temperatures.
- The app interface for wireless viewing and sharing of recordings could be improved.
- The dash cam is slightly larger and heavier than some other models on the market.
- The 18-month warranty is shorter than some other brands.
We were impressed with the Rexing V1P’s 4K dual channel recording capability, which provided clear and detailed footage of the road ahead and behind us. The ultra-wide-angle lens and WDR technology also allowed for optimal performance in any lighting situation, which was particularly useful when driving during dawn or dusk.
We appreciated the supercapacitor and parking monitor features, which ensured reliable and safe operation, even in extreme temperatures. The dash cam was easy to install, and the customer support team was helpful and responsive.
While the app interface for wireless viewing and sharing of recordings could be improved, we found it easy to use and navigate. The dash cam is slightly larger and heavier than some other models on the market, but this did not affect its performance or ease of use.
Overall, we highly recommend the Rexing V1P 4K Dual Channel Dash Cam for anyone looking for a reliable and high-quality dash cam for their RV. Its advanced features and excellent performance make it a great investment for any RV owner.
Choosing the Best Dash Cam for RV
When selecting a dash cam for your RV, there are several factors to consider. Here are some key features to look for:
- Multiple Cameras: Opt for a dash cam system that includes multiple cameras to capture footage and incidents from the front, rear, and interior of your RV. This provides comprehensive coverage and ensures that all angles are recorded.
- Video Quality: Look for a dash cam that records smooth footage, ideally at 60 frames per second (FPS). Higher FPS ensures smoother and less blurry video playback, making it easier to review footage.
- Night/low light Clarity: Consider the dash cam’s performance in low-light conditions, such as at night or during bad weather. Look for features like infrared technology or enhanced night vision for better visibility in dark environments.
- Parking Mode: An advanced parking mode is essential for watching over your RV when parked. It should have motion detection or timelapse capabilities to capture any incidents or activity that occurs while your RV is stationary.
- Remote Access and Cloud Storage: Choose a dash cam that allows you to tap into it using your smartphone and check footage in real-time. Cloud-ready dash cams offer additional benefits like push notifications, remote live view, footage backup, and two-way voice communication.
- GPS Route Logging: GPS functionality is useful for tracking your RV’s location and route. It can also provide valuable information for insurance claims or legal purposes.
- Durability and Heat Resistance: Consider the dash cam’s build quality and its ability to withstand the rigors of RV travel. Look for models that can handle high temperatures and have a reliable power source.
- Price: While price shouldn’t be the sole determining factor, consider your budget when choosing a dash cam. Determine your priorities and find a balance between features and cost.
Top Recommendations: BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus
After thorough research and analysis, one dash cam that checks all the boxes for RV owners is the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus. Here are some reasons why this dash cam is highly recommended:
- Three Camera System: The BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus comes with a three-camera system, capturing footage from the front, rear, and interior of your RV. This comprehensive coverage ensures that all angles are recorded.
- Video Quality: With its 60 FPS recording capability, the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus delivers smooth and high-quality video footage, minimizing blurry frames. It offers the best video quality under any light conditions.
- Advanced Parking Mode: Equipped with a hardwired parking mode, this dash cam provides motion detection or timelapse functionality to monitor your RV when parked. You can rest assured knowing that any incidents will be captured.
- Cloud-Ready: The BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus offers cloud storage backup, allowing for push notifications, remote live view, footage backup, and two-way voice communication. This feature provides added convenience and peace of mind.
- GPS Route Logging: With GPS functionality, this dash cam logs your RV’s location and route, providing valuable information for insurance claims or legal purposes.
- Durability and Heat Resistance: The BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus is known for its durability and ability to withstand high temperatures. Its reliable power source ensures uninterrupted recording even during long journeys.
While the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus is an excellent choice, there are other options available based on your specific needs and preferences. The VIOFO T130 is a non-cloud system that offers a reliable alternative. For those seeking greater customization, the Thinkware F200 Pro with Multiplexer allows you to create a multi-channel system tailored to your requirements.
Conclusion – Best Dash Cam For RV
Enhancing the safety and security of your RV travels is essential, and a dash cam can provide the extra protection you need. With features like accident documentation, data-backed accident reports, content creation capabilities, and peace of mind, a dash cam is a worthwhile investment for RV owners and enthusiasts. When choosing the best dash cam for your RV, consider factors like multiple cameras, video quality, parking mode, remote access, GPS logging, durability, and price. The BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus is a top recommendation, offering comprehensive coverage, excellent video quality, advanced parking mode, cloud readiness, GPS logging, and durability. Invest in a dash cam and enjoy safer and more secure RV travels.
Remember, safe travels begin with proper preparation and precautionary measures. Installing a dash cam in your RV is a proactive step towards enhancing your overall travel experience and ensuring your peace of mind on the road. Choose the best dash cam that suits your needs, and embark on unforgettable adventures with the confidence that you are protected.